Yoga Pose Tip: Marychasana C
This deep twisting pose is incredibly cleansing for your internal organs.
If you’re suffering from PCOS, blockages in your fallopian tubes or bad PMS symptoms this pose is great for you. It compresses (cutting off prana and blood flow to) the liver, ovaries, womb, and then releases, flooding with fresh energy and oxygen!
If you cannot get your elbow to the outside of the knee, just hold that knee with your hand. Don’t strain to turn the head, let it be the natural extension of the pose. Keep the straight leg active.
When to do it:
- After you’ve warmed up your spine and practiced some breathing exercises.
- In the morning before eating or at bedtime (on an empty stomach).
- During the first half of your cycle (pre-ovulation) if you’re trying to conceive, or all the way up to your period if you’re not.
When NOT to do it:
- When you’re actually bleeding.
- If you’re during retrieval or implantation days if you’re using those methods.
- If you’re pregnant (you can modify by sitting in easy seated pose and just gently twisting to each side with one hand behind you and one hand on your knee.)
- The second half of your cycle (post ovulation) if you’re trying to conceive. (You don’t want to continue to overstimulate the ovaries, instead focus on poses that encourage implantation!)